Enjoy this unforgettable experience along spectacular ocean side cliffs, natural desert wildlife, endemic flora and fauna from the Baja Peninsula, and breathtaking views while hiking along barely walked trails to the top of the mountain accompanied by a friendly Mexican Donkey.
Duration: 1hr 45 minutes + Safety briefing + transportation.
Recommendations: sunscreen, sunshades, shoes, jeans and a light jacket.
(available under reservation)
- Morning Tour
- Sunset Tour
Is to transform the quality of life of donkeys and also bring close people to enjoy this particular, intelligent, curious and loving animal, by proposing positive human and donkey interactions, as well as transforming the public’s understandingof the donkey’s role.
Did you know?
- There are around 50 millions donkeys and mules around the world, most of them abandoned, abused or living in bad conditions.
- "When people can afford a vehicle, they may sell or abandon their donkeys – and feral donkeys are a rising problem around the world..." (www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk.com)
- In the desert environment a donkey is able to hear the call of another donkey 60 miles away, they have far larger ears than horses. Their large ears also help keep them cool.
- The wealth of the Egyptians was due to the precious metals carried from Africa by donkeys.
- They don't like the rain and being out in it for long periods can damage their health as their fur is not waterproof.
- Donkeys have an incredible memory - they can recognize areas and other donkeys they were with up to 25 years ago.
- Because food is scarce in the desert, donkeys utilise 95% of what they eat which means their manure is not a very good fertilizer for land. Their digestive system can break down inedible vegetation and extract moisture from food more efficiently. (www.mikesdonkeys.co.uk)
- Wild donkey herds are small and use their loud bray to keep in contact with each other over long distances.
- If donkeys has a good life, they can live on an average of 40 years old.
Because we love them, we hold a space in our ranch to maintain donkeys safe, well fed and ready to go for a walk with anyone.
For school or group visit, donations or inquires, please CONTAC US.
- Water bottle
- Bilingual Guide
- Mexican Snack
+ access to natural park:
$10 USD per person.
Exclusive tours available upon request.